Inorder to strengthen NSS activities in our state, the state NSS cell, together with the NSS Regional Centre organized 12 state level camps.
1. To bring volunteers of 15 universities and 7 Directorates and National Institute of Technology together on a common platform for interactive learning and exposure.
2. To develop their social consciousness and commitment
3. To inculate discipline and positive attitude in them
4. To empower and enrich them to be globally competent.
It was decided that each programme will be of 5 days duration. All the Universities/Directorates should send a team of 5 boys and 5 girls to the above programme. To and from travel expenses of the participants will have to be met from NSS Units/Universities/Directorate. The expenditure per student volunteer should not exceed Rs. 60/- per day.
We conducted 12 state level Programmes during 2007 – 08. Details are shown below
1 Practice and Performance of Community Singing (24.9.2007 to 28.9.2007) University of Kerala.
2 Exploring Print Media, Performing Art, Visual Art and Poster Designing for Mediating Social Message (5.10.2007 to 9.10.2007) University of Kerala.
3. Training on Anchoring, Compeering, Event Management, Master of Ceremony and Quizzing (8.11.2007 to 12.11.2007) Mahatma Gandhi University.
4. Training in Social Investigation, Socio-Economic Survey, Minor Research (22.11.2007 to 26.11.2007)Mahatma Gandhi University.
5. Career Guidance and Preparation for the Interviews (7.12.2007 to 11.12.2007)National Institute of Technology, Kozhikode.
6. Workshop on Disaster Management, Rescue, Relief, Rehabilitation, First Aid and Trauma Care (16.11.2007 to 20.11.2007).Directorate of Technical Education.
7. Workshop on Life Skills, Values and Team Building and Leadership (30.11.2007 to 4.12.2007).Kannur University.
8. Workshop on Training Production and Performance of Street Plays to Sensitize the Public on How to Live and Let Live for a Better India (14.12.2007 to 18.12.2007) Calicut University.
9. Training on Rain Water Harvesting, Water Resource Management including Pollution and Solution (4.1.2008 to 8.1.2008) Kerala Agricultural University.
10. Training in Communicative English (11.1.2008 to 15.1.2008) Directorate of Vocational Higher Secondary Education.
11. Workshop on Women Empowerment & Commonalities of Religion, Rituals and Spirituals (26.1.2008 to 30.1.2008)Sree Sankara University of Sanskrit.
12. Adolescent/Youth Health Issues and Pre-marriage Counselling (18.1.2008 to 22.1.2008) Directorate of Higher Secondary Education.
In order to commemorate the Ruby Jubliee of NSS in our state we propose to conduct 11 state level camps, as shown below.
1. Domestic violence and laws relating to marriage and family. Laws pertaining to regging, cyber laws with special emphasis in use and misuse of internets and mobile phones.
2. Women Empowerment.
3. Workshop on ‘Disaster Management’.
4. Career Guidance and Preparation for Interviews.
5. Training on Anchoring, Compeering & Event Management.
6. Environment Awareness Programme.
7. Anti – Drug Campaign.
8. Workshop on communicative skill.
9. Adolescent Health issues.
10. National Integration & Social Harmony.
11. Energy Conservation Programme.